Stay or go. (Patreon)
Content
I’ve been debating whether to post this (the story, not the image) for some time, and I’ve decided to go ahead as it will serve as a warning:
The models in this image are Aria Rainbow (on the right) and Carillon Doll (Left), whom I shot with for one day last summer.
I spent three days with Aria, but I also wanted to shoot more with Carillon Doll, so we talked back and forth and decided to shoot in Copenhagen just after Christmas.
I booked a plane ticket and hotel for her, but the day before (she said) that her entire dance troupe had been quarantined due to Covid.
Stuff like this happens, so I let it slide. Later conversations make me believe it might have been bogus though.
In April, I was doing a private workshop in Lanzarote and asked if she was interested in 3 days workshop and shot some days with me after, about seven days on the Island with everything paid for.
She agreed; I booked Airbnb, rented a car, booked flight tickets, and made arrangements with my customer for the private workshop.
In the meantime, I booked her and some other models for a workshop in Soresina at the end of May.
A week later she wanted to change the Lanzarote dates and make a shorter trip as it took too much time away from her dancing.
I told her in no uncertain terms that that was impossible, I couldn’t move my customer (who had bought his tickets), my flights, accommodation, and car.
We compromised on her being there for four days, so I had an extra day for shooting, and I would fly another model down for the remaining days.
I pestered her for a week on whether she had booked tickets, and she said she had.
Two weeks before the workshop, she said that she had to go to a casting that could give her a month of work and let slip that she actually booked some other dates (returning a day earlier as this was more convenient for her).
This meant that she could essentially not go to Lanzarote at all.
I said she should do the casting and work, I couldn’t do any private shoot with her anyway. Besides, who wants to force a model who does not want to be there to shoot?
So I had to find a second good model two weeks before Easter and fly down for the workshop at an additional cost.
I told her that I found it very unprofessional, and at this point, she had now made me spend a lot of unnecessary money and trouble because she would not honor our agreement.
I said she could either pay me for that, or shoot two days with me after the Soresina workshop as we were both there.
She agreed to the shot.
Then we met at the workshop; she did a great job with the other models all day.
But in the evening, 12h before we were shooting, she told me she couldn’t do the next two days’ shoot because of whatever psychic problems.
As a result, I had to change my flight and waste a couple of car rental days, hotel expenses, studio rental, etc.
Currently, we are debating what she owes me, but one thing is for sure;
I will never work with her again.
Carillon Doll is a fantastic model; the problem is that you can’t trust any agreement you make with her, regardless of where in the world it is.
Out of interest, what would be your view on something like this:
If a model incurs a lot of extra costs because of pure negligence, what would you expect her to do?
As a parallel, If you book a traveling model and cancel less than one week before the shoot, you are generally in it for the total amount.
Let me hear your thoughts, please?
Files
Previews only