Home Creators Posts Import Register Favorites Logout

Content

So I just tried to do the thing I just announced I was about to do and it appears I cannot.  Patreon doesn't allow the price of a tier to be edited while people are subscribed to it.  Which makes sense!  I can see how that could be abused.  Unfortunately I lacked the foresight to look into this ahead of time and was taken by surprise and now I'm not sure how to proceed.

I'll think about it.  There's undoubtedly a workaround.  The most obvious one I can think of is to simply make a new Nemitite tier and delete the old one.  However, that'll kick out everybody who's currently pledged at that level and since I expect it'd take more than a couple of days for everybody to sign back up, that would wipe out a significant chunk of my support base right in time for the next billing cycle.

Well, maybe this works out for the best.  I left it so long to post the previous update so as not to miss anybody, but the price of that was the risk that not everybody would have the time to make necessary changes before it went live.  So that's one potential problem averted, anyway.

What'll most likely happen is that I'll make the switch and another announcement explaining it early next month, to give everyone time to adjust as needed.  As a result, the long-awaited bump to $5 is going to wait another month.

Don't worry about me, please; I know I said I was having financial troubles previously, but at the moment I am okay.  There's been a lot of growth here on Patreon recently, and I still have some leftover money from the GFM I posted, even after taking my cat to the vet.  So I'll be fine for at least a while.  Plenty of time to get this dealt with, at least.

It's always something, isn't it?

Comments

Diyce

Could hopefully just change the rewards at the $3 level to be the same as a donation, and then make the $5 one. Hopefully there'll be a simple answer. Have a great night!

Arillius

I'm a bit confused. The nemitite level says that's it's 5 bucks for me. Not that I mind as that is what I want to pay but it's already 5 bucks.

giom

I'm surprised that by now patreon doesn't have a clean way to handle this common use case. But then again, it's been constant how little patreon improves over the years (they actually just manage to make their ui worse) so I shouldn't be that surprised

George Martins

As long as there is a new tier available, i will upgrade.

Devin J Russell

oof sorry to hear about the difficulties. In the meantime. I've increased my pledge to 5 dollars. I would suggest adding a new tier now, that's the same as the $3 dollar tier except for the price. so that people can start switching over now. Then you can delete the old one after the mentioned time frame. @Arillius. It will say whatever you're actually paying. but if you go to edit the payment. you'll see it says minimum $3 still

Gen

Other solution — you leave everyone at the $3 tier but downgrade their benefits to the appropriate level. Then you create a new $5 tier that has the actual benefits of the $5 tier.

Del Spaig

Note from Webb on discord - chapter would be up but his internet is hard out. Will be up ASAP!