Home Creators Posts Import Register Favorites Logout
haven't archived this post yet. have a subscription? use the importer!

Content

Disclaimer: The information provided in this trade alert is for educational and entertainment purposes only and should not be considered as financial advice. The author is not a financial advisor and is only sharing their personal trading activities in full transparency. The opinions expressed in this alert are the author's own and do not reflect the views of any other individual or organization. Investing in cryptocurrencies and other financial instruments involves a high degree of risk, and you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. Always do your own research and consult with a licensed financial advisor before making any investment decisions. The author is not responsible for any losses or damages resulting from the use of the information provided in this alert.

I sold a very very large number of call options today against about half of my MSTR position.

The options are the $200 strikes for on avg around $15. Stock price at the time was around 188-191. Call the options $10 out of the money with a $15 premium which means MSTR needs to rise 14.4% for me to get called out. If that happens I am ok with it also as it is time to rotate out into TSLA.

My MSTR position is basically 45% of my networth which is too high for my comfort level.

In addition ARB CLOUD - my money making bible is far above the cloud which means MSTR is overvalued but if BTC goes to the moon MSTR will smoke 215. Rem 215 is $15 above the ATH and that hit when BTC was 74K and there are even more shares out now than before.... it screams HEDGE time to me.

This is also only 25 days to expiration... which is not a lot of time. But premium was FANTASTIC.

ARB CLOUD you can see is WAY ABOVE THE CLOUD which means rotate back into BTC

Files

Previews only

Comments

Uying

Hello besides TSLA what other assets can I rotate from MSTR?

Bottom Feeder

I sold C-Calls at $190 expiring this Friday 10/11. Most like to get called out. Im ok with it. Break even $192. 1/4 of my bag. 15 contracts is big $ in a tax free account. Need to rebalance also. Convert to some Tesla Leaps for sure. 😁

Kari Wahl

Curious, why would you do such a short timeframe? Thank you for sharing. I am learning a lot. I also wanted to sell some calls but due to negotiating a real estate deal. I only had two minutes left before the bell closed now I am trying to decide if I should sell 15% of my shares and then after the pullback because now I think it’s a little too late to sell covered calls for tomorrow. Appreciate and feedback?

Sludge

Thanks James

Kari Wahl

Just sold 20% trying to make new habits. Always seems hard for me to pull the sell trigger.

Siddhartha

Major trade alert. Congrats James for taking epic profits.

Dozerr

If your selling options should I be selling spot ?

sepman1

James - What is the site you use to trade options?

Crypto Curious

James, at what point will you be pair trading from MSTR back to TSLA?

PhysicsGuy

Thank you James! I was also overweight $MSTR. Sold just over half my bag @ 195. Also noticed that the BTC:MSTR ratio had shifted from about 360 to 330. Deciding between sitting in cash or buying IBIT with the money.

Brian Fenech

Honestly not sure myself. Baba was a good entry point at 70 - 80 but I don't feel like chasing although it might be still undervalued. I am all in MSTR, Tesla, Bitcoin ETFs and unfortunately a large position in CLSK (should have have reduced the position size), and some SOL as well. I think SOL should do well once we are full bull again but my modus operandi is that if I don't feel there is a really good opportunity I park my money in a Bitcoin ETF which is not a bad idea since MSTR is quite overvalued and maybe we'll be able to do some arb between MSTR and Bitcoin. Note that MSTR might keep going up but at a NAV of over 3 I think the safest thing to do is to reduce some of the MSTR position and put in Bitcoin ETF. I think MSTR added to Nasdaq 100 is most likely next year and SPY 500 in June so my bet is that we still have time to later to re-enter MSTR to front-run that, assuming that MSTR premium to Bitcoin holdings reduces.