Home Creators Posts Import Register Favorites Logout
haven't archived this post yet. have a subscription? use the importer!

Content

I sold the $500 call options expiring at the end of October against 10% of my TSLA position. I received just over $20 in premium for each call eg 1 contract $2000.

At the time, Tesla's stock price was $461, making the strike basically $40 out of the money.

Breakeven on the trade is for Tesla to be above $521 over next 20 trading days— is stock needs to rise 13%.

Confluence Model on IADSS and Mean Reversion was screaming.

As I hinted... I think Production Numbers tomorrow will be terrific but everyone expects that... so it could be a sell the rumor event and that is my play here.

It is unlikely we go above $520 in next twenty trading days and is my calculus.

Files

Previews only

Comments

Michael

Thanks James for all your support and information

BreakItDown

Could someone please let me know my understanding is correct here - so what James is saying is he doesn’t think TSLA will be over 500 by end of October. If it is over , regardless of what it is (let’s say 540) he has to sell the shares at 500. If it’s below 500 he gets to keep the premium and his shares. I don’t do options but keen to understand

W.W.R.

Yes, indeed. He keeps the 20 premium per share and has to sell at 500 strike.

rombsix

Brother, do you ever make a mistake? Has someone given you a blueprint of the next 20 years and you've not told anyone yet?

CryptoBong

As of today James’ covered call options are in the money. I followed him so I see it. James was absolutely right about the sell the news event. This guy has laser insights. Amazing! I wouldn’t have done this in my own.

777X

Great call!

Theresa

Damn wish I had seen this in time to sell a covered call. I’ve been too scared to sell one bc don’t want to lose shares

Mike Smith

Prob smart I tried CC when we were in the high $300s and that was bad mistake.. so you win some you lose some... James wins a lot more. I also sold one contract yesterday at 460 but it was just to cover my underwater ones

Cryptoknife

James knows what he’s doing, but a golden rule of selling cc is to not sell them across an earnings report. Tesla reports on October 22. Technical set up was good, but who knows what they will announce on the 22nd. If it spikes beyond $500, he will get called out. Too much risk for me.

RS

Does James provide an update on when he buys back the contract?

Marcus Aurelius

I sold My ccalls early AFTER the news event same exp 0ct30 500’s was lucky to lock 21 per contract. James showed the way thanks! Keeping the delta to <.25 helps me with decision making.

Goby Bala

Can you explain what you mean with keeping delta .25 helps with decision making? THe delta of the CC options?